Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from UPEI!
- You are cordially invited to participate in the many events associated with this memorable occasion during Grad Week. Please check our website often for updates on activities and the Convocation Schedule as it becomes available.
- The following information covers many of the common questions we receive regarding your graduation and
Attendance at Convocation
If you are unable to attend the Convocation Ceremony at either the main campus or the Cairo campus, you have two options for receiving your degree:
Option 1: You may pick up your degree from the Registrar’s Office after the Convocation ceremony.
Option 2: You may request to have your degree couriered to you the week following Convocation. Please ensure that we have your complete address and phone number. A quote for the courier costs will be provided and once payment is received, it will be shipped to you.
Academic DressThe academic dress, also known as regalia, is worn by all Convocation ceremony participants. There will be a demonstration on how to wear your academic dress at the Convocation Rehearsal. Graduates receiving a Bachelor’s’ degree wear a gown, hood, and cap. Ceremonial gowns have zippers and are meant to be zipped up. The ceremonial hoods worn by each graduate identifies the student’s field of study by color. Hoods are pinned to the gown. Graduation regalia should be worn throughout the ceremony. We understand that graduating students will dress formerly under their closed robes, but recommend you wear comfortable shoes as you will be climbing the stage and walking some distance for your graduation march. The gowns generally fall mid-calf,; so, we recommend trousers, stockings, and shoes of a dark color. You will not be permitted to carry handbags, so please leave them in your car, etc.
AccessibilityIf a graduate requires special arrangements for the ceremony due to a disability, please contact: Habiba Yousry firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assembly and Academic Procession on Convocation DayOn Convocation Day at 6:00 pm, graduates will assemble on the ground floor of Building B to be pinned for pre convocation photography. Graduates will be provided with an index card on which their name will appear. This identification card is carried by the graduate to the Courtyard ceremony. Assembly instructions will be provided upon arrival at the designated location and in rehearsals. Graduates will be arranged in pairs alphabetically with the ushers’ help, according to the Convocation program. At 7:30 pm, the Academic Procession will begin to move from the assembly point to the Campus Courtyard.
Convocation CeremoniesThe Convocation ceremonies are held outdoors in the Campus Courtyard beginning at 7:40 pm, after you have proudly walked in a procession. In addition to you walking across the stage to receive your degree, the ceremonies each consist of an invocation, conferring of an honorary degree, and an address by the valedictorian. Immediately following the ceremony, there will be opportunities for photos with family, friends, faculty, and staff.
Gowns and HoodsGowns and hoods – also known as academic dress or regalia – must be worn at Convocation ceremonies. Graduates must pre-order their gown and hood by filling in this form to ensure delivery for Convocation and will receive an email notification with details. Kindly fill in this form to let us know your size for Convocation Regalia (gown and mortarboard) for the 2023 Convocation. Please note there will be a cash deposit of 2000 EGP for Egyptian students and 100 USD for non-Egyptian students, which is refundable upon the return of the gown and hood. The mortarboards (caps) will be yours to keep. (This is different from the graduation fees). Submit the form to choose one location to pick up your invitations, gowns, and hoods:
- Campus: May. 25th, May 27th – May 31st 9:00-3:30
- Customer Relations Office (CRO): May. 25th, May 28th -May 31st 9:00-3:00
- CRO Address: 3rd Floor, Building 250, Northern 90th St., 5th Settlement.
- Please review the Convocation schedule for dates for regalia pick-up and return. The mortar boards (caps) are yours to keep. Students who don’t fill in their form are not guaranteed to receive the proper size of the gown.
- Please note that there will be a cash deposit of 2000 EGP for Egyptian students and 100 USD for non-Egyptian students refundable upon the return of the gown and hood.
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Drab
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Design Engineering: Orange
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science and Mathematics): Golden Yellow